Tuesday, June 30, 2026

June 22 - 26

 Hello Families!

Room 9 had a wonderful last week of school enjoying being all together and of course a few last surprises. We reflected on our favourite memories from the year and ended up brainstorming for over 40 minutes!! We also estimated how many thank you notes were in the thank you prize bin still that hadn't been drawn and all of our guesses were all way off. There was 345 thank you notes! That's 345 times this year I saw a student doing something incredible! 




After a whole year of promising we would do clay together as a class we finally got the chance! They were so excited and got to make whatever they wanted, they were so creative and got the hang of it very quickly. I also taught the class how to make beaded fish. It isn't easy to do and takes a lot of patience and concentration but was a perfect way to symbolize our year and our class pets! On the last day of school students got their clay and beaded fish back and made into a keychain to remember our amazing year by!




Students got to do something we aren't supposed to... talk behind each others back! We got to go around to everyone and write a compliment or a thank you to finish up the year. At the end they got to see what everyone said behind their back!





And finally, on the last day I revealed the final surprise I had been working on over past few weeks. Back in September we started our ripped paper mountain art that we used for the art card project. The art was a very special project because of how incredible they turned out but also because we found out later that the mountain formation in our new school logo was inspired by our art! What an amazing legacy they get to leave behind when they eventually graduate from our school! 

After we finished the project we had tons of leftover streaky painted paper. It was too beautiful to recycle so I held on to it not knowing quite yet what I was keeping it for. But finally I came up with an idea! I revealed it without telling them what I used to make it and their reactions were amazing as they began to recognize their art within the art piece! The art will live in my classroom and remind the students that they will always be a part of this wonderful little community in Room 9 and that they are always welcome here!



It has been such an outstanding year with this amazing group of students! It was very hard to say goodbye but I hope all of you have a great summer and I'm looking forward to seeing you in the fall!



No comments:

Post a Comment

June 22 - 26

 Hello Families! Room 9 had a wonderful last week of school enjoying being all together and of course a few last surprises. We reflected on ...