Friday, June 19, 2026

June 15 - 19

Room 9 had a great week of learning and creativity! Students had a blast participating in golf lessons with Mr. Mike, and we are very grateful for the opportunity to learn from his expertise and enthusiasm. In the classroom, students finished their Book in a Bag projects and began practicing their presentation skills. Students also got the chance to play new math board games to tie together math skills learned across the school year!





Learning Intentions:

Grade 3:

  • I can identify important characters, settings, and events in a story.

  • I can explain the main problem and solution in a story.

  • I can share my ideas and opinions about a book using examples from the text.

  • I can create visual representations that help communicate my understanding of a text.

  • I can present my ideas clearly to an audience using appropriate speaking skills.


Grade 4:

  • I can summarize a text by identifying important ideas, events, and themes.

  • I can explain how characters, settings, and events contribute to a story.

  • I can support my opinions about a book with evidence and examples from the text.

  • I can create visual and written responses that demonstrate my understanding of a text.

  • I can communicate my ideas effectively through oral presentations and discussions.


This week, students finished working on their Book in a Bag projects. They have designed cover art that represents an important event, character, or idea from their chosen book while ensuring they included the book title and author. They finished their summary paragraphs, made a plasticine object that represents the book, a paragraph explaining their object and finally a book review. Finally, they typed it out and finished putting together their bags. Today they practiced presenting their project to get ready for oral presentations next week!





Reminders and Upcoming Dates:

  • June 24th: Grade 6 Farewell

  • June 25th: Sports Day and report cards are live.

  • June 26th: Last Day of Classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

June 22 - 26

 Hello Families! Room 9 had a wonderful last week of school enjoying being all together and of course a few last surprises. We reflected on ...